Tuesday, 7 May 2013

Conveying a lot of meaning using few words


I'm an introverted guy and I don't talk much.  However, I find that I'm quite good at saying a lot by saying little.  As two special ladies have told me, "I'm a simple guy without being a simpleton." I've read a marketing book that talked about billboard advertising.  It stated that billboards should contain a maximum of 7 words.  People won't pay attention to long-winded billboards.  A billboard I really like is one by Homesense.  It says "Green and Gold, Got it Sold."  It's clear, catchy, concise and communicates what the brand represents.  Sometimes it pays to say a lot by saying little.

1 comment:

  1. So, as an example, the following sentence could be hyperlinked to the actual book at Amazon: "I've read a marketing book that talked about billboard advertising." - this sort of thing...

    ReplyDelete